The Wilcox Parachutist Navigation Board (Heated Version) is a lightweight navigation platform that indicates GPS position (when used with an optional GPS device); will indicate altitude (when used with an optional altimeter); and direction of travel during High Altitude High Opening (HAHO) parachute operations.
The Parachutist Navigation Board (Heated Version) features a bracket housing that secures a handheld Global Positioning System (GPS). It also features a ball compass that is back-lit with a red light for covert night operations. The compass is powered by a 3-Volt Lithium Battery and is equipped with a Toggle Switch which allows for either low or high power backlighting. A specially mounted MA2-30 Military Altimeter is also included with this unit.
- A Ball Compass features a white face and bold black lettering for ease of viewing during night operations.
- The Ball Compass features a red LED back-light that can be operated at high or low power and can accommodate a backup chem-light.
- Features a multi-adjustable, multi-slot arrangement on the articulating front plate for mounting the Board to the operator by means of a variety of harnesses. A Velcro adhesive assists in securing the front plate to the harness.
- All components can be easily manipulated with gloved hands.
- A heated GPS storage box protects the GPS unit from freezing at extreme cold temperatures and is capable of accommodating handheld GPS units up to 8.25 cm wide x 15.8 cm high (3.25″ w x 6.25″ h).
- A MA2-30 Military Altimeter features a red backlight for night operations (included).
- A MA2-30 Light retention sleeve provides a means for storing and using back-up chemlights (sold separately).
- The Red LED backlight serves as a visual indicator of heater function. When the LED backlight turns off, the heater will also turn off shortly thereafter.
Height: 22.4 cm (8.8”)
Width: 24.6 cm (9.7”)
Minimum: -40 C (-40 degrees F)
Maximum: 54 C (130 degrees F)
Maximum: 10,668 m (35,000 ft.)