The fourth generation HEL-STAR 4® is a significantly improved, waterproof, two-function marker light specifically designed for low profile mounting on helmets for airborne, MFF, ground, SAR and other operations. The two operating functions can be user defined in any combination of White, Green or IR signals, either steady or flashing mode. Improvements include a separate ON/OFF switch and a higher capacity lithium battery (CR123). Other uses for the device include marking of vehicles, equipment or outerwear.
HEL-STAR 4® Advantages
- Safety – Velcro interface provides an emergency peel-away feature—reducing potential for injury caused by interference with parachute risers.
- Security / Readiness – Positive visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and function status. One touch turns the unit OFF in an emergency situation. Positive confirmation of OFF status ensures the unit is not left on inadvertently in the IR mode.
- Versatility – Three operating functions are provided with a choice of white, green or IR signals—flashing or steady. The electronics/battery compartment is waterproof to at least 16 feet.
- Simplicity – The tactile sliding switches can be operated with a gloved-hand in the blind with the helmet donned.
- Long Life / Extreme Conditions – Powered by a field-replaceable lithium 123 cell for long life and excellent cold temperature operation.
Available HEL-STAR 4® Models
New models will be offered as user requirements are defined. A three-function HEL-STAR 5 is available.
|Model||Function M-1||Function M-2|
|HS-402||Green (Steady)||IR (Flash)|
|HS-403||White (Flash)||Green (Steady)|
|HS-404||White (Flash)||IR (Flash)|
|HS-405||White/Green (Flash)||Green (Steady)|
|HS-406||IR( Flash)||IR (Steady)|
|HS-407||White (Steady)||IR (Flashing)|