The HEL-STAR 6® Gen III is the latest in the HEL-STAR series of marker lights designed specifically for helmet-mounting for airborne, MFF, and ground operations. Gen III closely matches the fit and function of the original HEL-STAR 6 while providing a streamlined package design and advanced electronics. HEL-STAR 6 continues to provide up to four user-defined functions in two selectable operating modes in virtually any combination of white, green, blue, red, amber and IR, each in either steady, flashing or IFF coded operation.
Field reprogramming option available when purchasing a Programming Interface Module (PIM).
HEL-STAR 6® Gen III Advantages
- Safety — The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility — Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility — Omni-directional. Intensities can scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements..
- Simple, Secure Operation — Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes — HEL-STAR 6 Gen III is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation — Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement — The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools..
Mode of Operation
Model 620 Series
(With Nose/Switch Plug)
Model 640 Series
(With Sliding Nose Switch)
Available HEL-STAR 6® Models
Available models are shown. Other models will be offered as user requirements are defined.
620HS‐620‐01CPS‐123‐006GR(S/D)GR(S/D) + WH(F)IR(F/D)IR(F/B)
|Mode A Functions||Mode B Functions|
|Model||CORE P/N||CPS P/N||A1||A2||B1||B2|
|HS‐620‐02||CPS‐123‐051||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||IR(F)||IR(F/B)|
|HS‐620‐03||CPS‐161-145||GR(S/D)||GR(S/D) + WH(F)||IR(F/D)||IR(F/B+)|
|640||HS‐640‐01NSN:6210 01 621 4819||CPS‐123‐204||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||IR(F)||IR(F/B)|
|HS‐640‐02NSN:6210 01 627 4127||CPS‐123‐259||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||BL(S)||BL(S) + WH(F)|
|HS‐640‐03||CPS‐129‐107||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||IR(F)||IR(S)|
|HS‐640‐07||CPS-155-427||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||IR(F/D)||IR(F/B+)|
|HS‐640‐09*Rescue Model||CPS-157-933||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F/B+)||IR(F)||IR(F/B)|
|HS‐640‐10NSN:6210 01 630 6231||CPS‐157-940||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||RD(S)||RD(S) + WH(F)|
|HS‐640‐11||CPS‐157-957||GR(F)||GR(S) + WH(F)||IR(F)||IR(S)|
|HS‐640‐12LE Model||CPS‐157-964||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F)||RD(F)||BL(F)|
|HS‐640‐14*Fire/Rescue Model||CPS‐157-971||GR(S)||GR(S) + WH(F/B+)||BL(S)||BL(S) + WH(F/B+)|
|Color Code||Signal Type||Signal Intensity|
|BL = Blue||S = Steady||No Suffix = standard intensity|
|GR = Green||F = Flash (60 fps)||/B = Brighter than standard/D = Dimmer than standard|
|IR = Infrared||FN = NATO Flash (30 fps)||“Bright+” is significantly brighter than “Bright” – Higher intensities shorten battery life|
|RD = Red||FM = Morse Code “M” or other||Note: White Steady and Flash are always tuned to “Bright” to meet FAA 3 mile visibility.|
|WH = White||FX = Special Coded Flash|
|YA = Yellow/Amber||All units now have an integrated tie down||Add “B” to the end of a part number to order HEL-STAR Gen III in a black body.|