The Wilcox Parachutist Navigation Board (Standard Version) is a lightweight navigation platform that indicates GPS position (when used with an optional GPS device); will indicate altitude (when used with an optional altimeter); and direction of travel during High Altitude High Opening (HAHO) parachute operations.
The Parachutist Navigation Board (Standard Version) features a bracket housing that secures a handheld Global Positioning System (GPS). It also features a rolling ball compass that is back-lit with a red light for covert night operations. The compass is powered by a 3-Volt Lithium Battery and is equipped with a Toggle Switch which allows for either low or high power backlighting.
- Ball Compass features a white face and bold black lettering for ease of viewing during night operations.
- The Ball Compass features a red LED back-light that can be operated at high or low power and can accommodate a Backup Chem-Light.
- An adjustable GPS Storage Housing is capable of accommodating handheld GPS units up to 8.25 cm wide x 15.8 cm high (3.25″ w x 6.25″ h).
- Features a multi-adjustable, multi-slot arrangement on the articulating front plate for mounting the Board to the operator by means of a variety of harnesses.
- A Velcro adhesive assists in securing the front plate to the harness.
- Ample room on the bracket housing for mounting a variety of altimeters.
- All components can be easily manipulated with gloved hands.
Height: 20.8 cm (8.2”)
Width: 24.9 cm (9.8”)
Minimum: -40 C (-40 degrees F)
Maximum: 54 C (130 degrees F)
Maximum: 10,668 m (35,000 ft.)